Excel Global Solution’s vision on Data Management
& Governance is to institute the organizational structure and
processes required to address the complex data issues in the
Enterprise. Our competency helps to accomplish this through the
- Data Architecture & Common Data Model: Institution
of best practices in data architecture within the organization
including establishing a common, open-ended data model framework
that will be maintained and will grow with the organization.
- Master Data Management Plan & Execution: Address
inconsistencies in key master data items through the application
of master data management techniques
- Data Management and Data Governance: Establish
oversight and accountability functions to ensure data quality
and consistency as part of a Data Governance program through the
implementation of data ownership and stewardship
Excel Global Solutions commitment to Service Oriented Data
Integrating fragmented data architectures has emerged as one of
the greatest challenges facing IT and business. Business
prosperity increasingly depends on a global view of customers,
suppliers, products and partners, which is not achievable without
data integration. Service Oriented architecture helps to build a
framework for enterprise application integration and enterprise
data integration technologies to complement each other.
Data Architects helps to build an Enterprise Data Integration
Infrastructure by concentrating on key elements such as:
- Data Semantics: The business context behind data
definitions like customer address, product category or employee
- Data Quality: Improving the accuracy and consistency
of the data between different systems.
- Data Governance: Data and meta-data lineage,
management, documentation, reporting and auditing tools that
help SOX and other regulatory requirements.
- Data Access: Broad reach into structured,
semi-structured and unstructured data in hierarchical and
relational databases, mainframes systems, files, documents and
- Bulk Data Processing: Support for processing large
data volumes, including changed data capture (delta changes for
The dynamic delivery of data integration helps to create
universal data access, meta-data repository and data integration
platform in turn enables an integrated data infrastructure by:
- Data Profiling: Thorough, accurate information about
the content, quality and structure of data virtually in any
- Data Cleansing: Resolving missing data fields,
correcting conflicting data and managing data relationships and
hierarchy resolution to ensure the quality of data supplied to
- Data Transformation: Creating a consistent view of
data irrespective of its source, structure and business
- Data Federation: Federated access and integration of
data cannot be copied or to avoid data latency or cost issues of
building a physical data store.
- Data movement: Flexible data and right-time data
delivery whenever required.
- Data Lineage, Data Reporting and Meta data Analysis:
Reporting, analysis and auditing of data and meta-data for
improved visibility and control.